I’m not sure if you noticed in my Halloween post, but I dyed the tips of my hair blonde! I’ve been getting lots of beauty questions lately, so I thought I’d make a video and talk about some of the products I’ve been using in my current routine. There’s a ton that I didn’t get to in this one, but I hope to make beauty a more ongoing topic here.
Things mentioned in the video:
- I’ve been doing the Oil Cleansing Method for about two weeks now, and so far so good. I’m still undecided on whether I’ll use it long term, but I’m willing to keep trying it out for another month or so. Pros: my skin is super soft and moisturized. My pores feel a bit clearer. Cons: I’ve still had a couple breakouts. You have to use a new washcloth every day, which can get annoying.
- I just bought Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara with Fiber Extentions and I’m obsessed! I’ve been on the search for something to make my eyelashes longer without the cost of extensions or Latisse. Falsies are a hassle to put on–this mascara solves everything!
- Loving my new Revlon lipsticks. In the video I’m wearing Fuchsia Fusion, and I also love Really Red.
- I have ombre hair now! I know I’m super late on this trend, but I’ve wanted to try it for years, and in the video I explain why I finally took the plunge. To dye the tips, I used Feria Extra Bleach Blonde, and I really like the results. I may do it once more to get them a bit lighter.
- Most of you know by now that I’m participating in the Paul Mitchell “Truth About Curls” campaign and that I love the line. The two products I recommend in the video (that I have mentioned here before) are the Detangling Shampoo and Leave-In Treatment. The brand is doing weekly giveaways of the full line on the Paul Mitchell Facebook App, so make sure you check it out and enter. Also, if you upload your picture with your #CurlConfession, it may be projected in a show at some hip NYC and LA locations on November 15th (You can also submit photos on Twitter/Instagram using that same hashtag).
PS-I am featured in a new Marina Rinaldi campaign with two more of my fellow curvy bloggers! I had a great time shooting the lifestyle video in NYC a couple weeks ago–you can check it out here. It’s viewable to everyone, but if you’re in Italy, you can vote for which blogger vid you like the best.